But in case dark circles are way beyond treatable with the simple home remedies as per previous article, one can look for options, as mentioned below, and get rid of them over a period of time.
1. Skin lightening – with the use of Commonly applied and less-harmful bleaching agents, dark circles caused by hyperpigmentation from melasma or sun damage, can be taken care of to an extent.
2. Intense Pulsed Light Therapy– This is used when blood vessels are visible as dark purple or blue under eye circles. Although not all doctors agree that it is safe to use IPL near the eyes.
3. Skin resurfacing or Chemical Peels – these treatments help increasing collagen production, in-turn decreasing pigmentation, and improving overall uniform complexion of skin.
4. Cheek lift – this can effectively and permanently correct dark circles caused by cheek descent, or drooping, a common result of facial aging.
5. Hyaluronic acid facial fillers – these are Injectable fillers which are often used to rectify dark circles caused by skin thinning under eye or fat / tissue loss in the under eyes or upper cheeks.
6. Fat injections – in case of severe dark shadows under eyes, fat is grafted from another body area and injected in the tear troughs to treat dark circles.
7. Surgery for eye circles – Known as blepharoplasty, is generally the most effective way to permanently get rid of dark circles.
Do remember, any situation can be rectified but it is always recommended to first take precautions so always take a good care of yourself, eat right, take adequate sleep and stay beautiful!