WHAT IS HIFU ? —
HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) otherwise known as Ultherapy is a non-invasive & non-surgical cosmetic skin tightening treatment that uses ultrasound to lift and tighten collagen and elasticity of the skin, for both men and women.
HIFU specifically targets the skin and its deep foundational layer of tissue that would usually be addressed in surgery, but without cutting or disrupting the surface of the skin, bypassing the epidermis during treatment.
HOW IT WORKS ? —
With the HIFU treatment what we are doing is heating small targeted amounts of soft tissue below the surface of the skin to a level where the tissue will contract and the body will create new collagen. To achieve a significant lifting and tightening effect, the right amount of heat is delivered to the right depths of tissue and this fantastic treatment is capable of accomplishing both without any injury to the surface of the skin.
PREPARATION before the procedure—
The degree and nature of any discomfort will vary from person to person and from area to area on the face and or neck, with bony areas such as jawline being more sensitive than others. usually we use topical anasthesia 45 mins before the procedure
RESULTS OF HIFU FACE & NECK LIFT
Some clients will see an initial effect right after their treatment, generally a refreshed glowing look, but the real results appear over the following 2 to 3 months as new collagen works to lift and tighten skin on the neck, chin and brow.
Results can be seen up to 9 months following the treatment, and depends on the variety of different factors including age, health, lifestyle and diet, and how much pre-existing collagen there is to build on when having a procedure for the first time.It is a clinically proven non-invasive procedure for face and neck lift.
- Where this treatment really excels is that there is also no downtime, so you can go back to work the same day.
The only FDA cleared non-surgical, non-invasive treatments that are proven to be safe and effective in clinical studies and have had over 450,000 treatments worldwide.
What to Expect After Treatment?
- It is normal for the area to feel tender immediately after the procedure.
- We recommend no sun exposure for 24 to 48 hours after the treatment.
- No strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours.
- The treated area maybe flushed, reddened and feel tingly.
- Temporary bruising and numbness in the treated area can also occur (although this is rare)
- Apply a gentle cream gel every 4 to 6 hours for up to 72 hours’ post treatment.
The Skins Appearance Post Treatment
- Skin feels tighter with a mild sensitivity to touch; however this will last up to 48 hours. After three days, your skin will feel back to normal.
- Results visible 6 to 8 weeks and improve further over time. Collagen induction process continues to work for another six months after the treatment.
TRANSDUCER depths and mechanism of using the ultrasound measurement underneath the skin. Using a 4.5 mm transducer head, down to a 1.5mm, we change the transducer heads depending the areas we are treating. These are outlined below;
- 5mm works to the SMAS (Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System) layer. This means this works just above the muscle.
- 3mm works to the Deep Dermis
- 5mm works to the Superficial Dermis
Results with HIFU;
- Improves skin elasticity
- Shapes & tightens the face contours
- Lifting of Eyebrow
- Lifts and tightens the cheekbones
- Defines jawline
- Skin lifting and tightening of the Chin & Neck (yes it really can get rid of that double chin)
- Improves surface layer of the skin
- Slows down the development of aging signs
- Slows down the development of aging signs on the face and neck
- What is it?
HIFU is a safe, nonsurgical ultrasound treatment that counteract the effects of time and gravity on your skin. The treatment uses the body’s own regenerative response to gently and gradually lift the skin on the eyebrow, under the chin, onto the neck and smooth lines and wrinkles on the décolletage.
- Can it replace a face lift procedure?
HIFU treats the deep foundation layer addressed in cosmetic surgery, but won’t duplicate the results of the facelift. However, it is a great alternative, especially for those not ready for surgery, or clients looking to extend the effects of cosmetic surgery.
- How is it different to laser procedures?
HIFU uses sound energy, which has unique properties that allow it to bypass the surface of the skin to treat depths not matched by any other non-invasive cosmetic device. HIFU stimulates collagen production in the skins foundation, resulting in a clinically significant lift of tissue over the following 2 to 3 months. Lasers rely on light energy, which cannot reach deeper skin layers as an optimal temperature, so laser treatments typically only treat superficial skin. Since the two technologies often treat different types of skin issues, they are very compatible.
- How does it stimulate collagen production?
During the treatment, the transducer head delivers and deposits focused ultrasound energy deep beneath the skin at the optimal temperature for collagen regeneration. The treatment jump starts a natural process, known as ‘neocollagenesis’, to produce fresh, new collagen. The treatment itself doesn’t involve any creams, fillers or toxins; it just relies on your body’s own collagen building process for natural, noticeable results.
- How long will the treatment take?
The length of the treatment will depend on the area being treated and your individual treatment plan. The face and neck procedure typically takes between 60 to 120 minutes, while a chest treatment on its own may take approximately up to 60 minutes.
- Will I need to take time off work after the treatment?
With a single HIFU treatment there is no down time. After your procedure, you can resume your normal activities immediately, without having to follow any special post treatment measures. We even have clients come in during their lunch break to have the treatment. No cream is required and a general skin care plan and make up can be applied as normal.
- What does it feel like?
As the ultrasound energy is delivered, you will feel tiny amounts of energy being deposited to the precise depths, indicating that the collagen building process has been initiated. Comfort levels vary from person-to-person, but the sensation only lasts while the ultrasound energy is being delivered.
- How many treatments will I need?
Most clients only need one treatment. However, as this may be based on the degree of skin laxity, the biological response to ultrasound energy and individual’s collagen building process, some clients may benefit from an additional treatment. Because the skin continues to age, future touch-up treatments can help clients keep pace with the body’s natural ageing process.
- Who is a good candidate for a treatment?
A good HIFU candidate will have mild moderate skin laxity where the skin begins to look less firm. Examples include a lowered eyebrow line, loose skin on the neck, sagging under the chin and lines or winkles on the chest area. Of course, the best way to find out if you are suitable candidate is to consult with our practitioner.
- How much does the treatment cost?
The cost of the treatment can range depending upon the area being treated. Please get in touch to discuss.
- Is it a safe treatment?
The HIFU procedure has been used safely in over 450,000 treatments worldwide. Ultrasound energy itself has been used safely in the medical field for the 50 years.
- Are there any side-effects?
The skin may appear flushed at first. This could be during a treatment but sometimes lasting longer. The redness should however disappear within a few hours. Some clients experiencing slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch, but these are temporary in nature. Other, less common post-procedural effects may include temporary bruising or numbness in small areas of skin. As with any cosmetic procedure, there is a possibility of other rare effects, which your practitioner will review.